Ace finals week with these tips!
Finals are just around the corner! Are you prepared for the final push? Make sure you utilize all the campus resources available to students to handle your stress, improve your study habits and ace those final exams!
Have you asked yourself any of the following questions? Click on the links for the helpful campus resources you can use.
I don’t know how to study for this exam — help!
The Student Success Center hosts “Finals Frenzy” week for students where Supplemental Instruction leaders and tutors will be in the Russell House to help students prepare for finals in various courses. Check theStudent Success Center website for the schedule which includes dates, times and room locations of available sessions!
How do I perfect my final paper?
Check out the Peer Writing Program at the Student Success Center including their:
I just need a quiet place to study — where can I go?
The Thomas Cooper Library is always a perfect go-to option for studying, but it can get crowded during finals week.
Check out these options for other great choices both on and off campus:
- Gambrell Hall: In the basement there’s a computer lab that is normally not crowded and has lots of computers, as well as tables and chairs to study.
- Russell House University Union: During finals week, the Russell House University Union becomes Russell House “Study” Union and even stays open late during final exam week!
- Darla Moore School of Business: The second level (Greene Street level) features a cafe, a student lounge and multiple public and private spaces that are perfect for group study.
- Colloquium Cafe: There’s a Starbucks and a study space on either side of the building’s upstairs!
- Cool Beans: Great coffee, cool surroundings and it’s close to campus (located on College Street next to Byrnes).
- Panera (on Garner’s Ferry Road): Located in the Target shopping center – there’s lots of seating, free refills on coffee and free wifi. Stop by the IAP offices to get your “USC First Year Freedom Pass” which will give you free access to the COMET transit bus that takes you right to the Target shopping center!
I am beyond stressed — what can I do?
Final exam week is stressful for everyone. Make sure you keep up with your mental wellness by taking advantage of the counseling and psychiatry resources offered through Student Health Services. Some helpful services include (click the links for more information):
I need a study break — what can I do?
- Pet a puppy! Keep Calm and Pet a Puppy is held every finals week and free for USC students! Check the calendar for the date and time!
- Enjoy a free group exercise class! During finals weeks, group exercise classes are free to all students with a Carolina Card.
- Check out all the events that are open to students during the week. Unless otherwise noted, events are free to students who present their Carolina Cards!
Want some additional tips for studying for finals. Be sure to check out our blog post below!